Thursday 1 August 2013

Kesar Pista Kulfi

Hello Friends,
        I remember the day when Divya Pramil gave me an opportunity to host the first post of SNC event. It was a privilege for me to host the event and I was super excited. That was the beginning of the event, it started with very few members and now its flooded with so many talented bloggers....

SNC event has become a huge hit in a very few days, All credit goes to Divya and all my blogger friends, who participated in the event with full enthusiasm.
This time again I got a chance to host the event and I decided to make something sweet.

Festivals are going to start from this month, already Ramzan is going on, then Rakhi, Ganesh Chaturthi, Onam, Durga Ashtami ........Big list of festivals will make big list of guest visiting your house :)

Why not WELCOMING your GUESTS with our famous North India Kesar Kulfi ??? YUM YUM ....
So today's challenge from North Team to our lovely South Team is Kesar Pista Kulfi ...........


 Ingredients:
1 litre milk
1/2 tin condensed milk (I used Amul)

1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1/3 cup chopped pistachios 
1/4 tsp saffron (kesar)
1/4 tsp rose water



Method:
  • Dissolve cornflour in 1/2 cup milk and keep aside.
  • In the meanwhile pour the remaining milk, condensed milk ,and sugar  into a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to a boil.


  • Keep scraping the cream (malai) from the sides of the pan, this will give thick texture to the mixture.

  • Keep boiling on low flame it it reduces to 3/4 quantity.
  • Pour the cornflour mixture into the mixture. Mix well and keep stirring to avoid lumps formation.

  • Stir well until the mixture becomes thick.
  • Add cardamom powder, saffron and chopped pistachios. 



  • Remove from fire and allow it to cool. 
  • Add rose water. Mix well.
  • Now pour the mixture into kulfi molds or Popsicle molds,cover with the lid and freeze for 3 to 4 hours.



  • Remove from freezer, insert ice lolly sticks as handles and again freeze until firm.
  • When the Kulfi is completely set, keep the mold under tap water for a second & then slowly pull out the kulfi and serve immediately.


I am part of Northern Team:


32 comments:

divyagcp said...

Nice challenge Shruti.. Love Kulfi..

Rafeeda AR said...

awesome... it's been long since i've not participated in the challenge... i guess i've to make this for the month... somehow... :)

Unknown said...

really a lovely challenge shruts and easy too.

Shama Nagarajan said...

super kulfi

Amila said...

looks delicious...looks like its something similar to Popsicle ?

Unknown said...

Hi Shruti, lovely variation. I made with Evaporated and other milks, but this variation also nice. I will definitely try this one as well.

http://pranuvisworld.blogspot.ie/2010/06/pista-kulfi.html

Priya Suresh said...

Its super sunny here, a prefect challenge to make without any hesitation..Beautiful kulfi Shruti.

Sharans Samayalarai said...

Delicious Kulfi :) Do visit my space when u find time
Sharan's Samayalarai

Pari Vasisht said...

The kulfi has set so well with perfect creamy texture.

cookbookjaleela said...

wow kulfi is our family fav..
looks delicious shruti

Sona said...

Kulfi looks delicious. Hope I get some kulfi moulds to try them out soon.

Divya A said...

Wow Shruts kulfis are my favorite..This looks perfect and would love to try it as soon as possible.. thanks u so much for the lovely words there :)

Priya Anandakumar said...

super kulfi Shruthi...

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

Lovely challenge Shruti! perfect for the summer month (at least in my part of the world it is still summer). Would make it soon..

Sangeetha M said...

wow..rich n delicious kulfi, thanks shruthi for this wonderful challenge..

Unknown said...

Wow...yummy :)

Unknown said...

wow...yummy

Sanoli Ghosh said...

Wonderful mouth watery kesar pista kulfi dear. Yumm!

divya said...

wow ,looks incredible.

Unknown said...

wonderful challenge Shruti, love this delicious dessert :-)

Unknown said...

wonderful challenge Shruti, love this delicious dessert :-)

Chitz said...

They look so divine.. Wish I cud get one right now !

Shruti Dhingra Wahi said...

Thanks to all my friends for their lovely comments :)

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

yummy yummy kulfis.

Unknown said...

yummy and delicious challenge dear :) loving it :) you have made them so well and they are tempting me :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful challenge Shruti planning to try this recipe for some guests who are coming this weekend :) kulfis are my favorite

Sangeetha M said...

thanks a lot shruthi for this great recipe, have posted my challenge on my blog and linked here also. Thanks again for this wonderful challenge!

Happy’s Cook said...

Lovely Challenge Shruthi... I am ur new follower... And do visit mine and I will be glad if you follow me back... I am also a new member to SNC family...

Unknown said...

Shruti I missed to link my recipe to the linky tool can you do this manually? so sorry dear

Shama Nagarajan said...

Sorry dear for the late entry : http://easy2cookrecipes.blogspot.in/2013/09/pista-kulfi.html .....

Shruti Dhingra Wahi said...

Shama and Priya, will add it for you dearies :)

Asiya Omar said...

I missed to make this. looks really yum,soon going to try.